Mold Inspection Detectives is a professional Mold Company.
Mold spores are a big problem for homeowners. It can grow anywhere in the house which has a plumbing leak, poor ventilation, and high humidity. If left for quite a while, mold spores will eventually spread to different areas and damage house structures. Not only are molds a danger to your house, they also pose health risks for all occupants.
When you notice the presence of molds, you already need to make a move before things get worse for your house and your family.
How Do I Get My House Tested For Mold?
There are several ways you can test your house for mold:
- Mold test kits. Do-it-yourself mold test kits can be purchased in home improvement stores or online retailers. To use these kits, you will collect samples by yourself and then send it to a mold laboratory where the type of mold present is determined.
- Multiple mold tests. There are three types of mold tests: air testing, surface testing, and bulk testing. The amount of mold spores can change from time to time so it is better to test different parts of your home.
If you could not see any visible signs but you think that there are hidden mold growth, a thorough inspection will be helpful.
Mold Inspection is composed of mold inspectors knowledgeable in the following areas in Austin:
- Mold inspection
- Mold remediation
- Mold removal
Austin homeowners need not to worry anymore about mold problems in their homes. Mold Inspection Detectives ensures high-quality mold inspection and remediation services that will make your home mold-free. Our skilled professionals are also equipped with knowledge and experience on improving the air quality which results to a healthier and cleaner household.
Call Mold Inspection today at (512) 287-7554 to arrange a visit or ask any questions about mold inspection and removal.
Mold Inspection & Removal Costs
Mold Inspection Detectives and removal is a must for a home that is threatened by various harmful mold. But how much do you need to pay for these services?
How Much Does Mold Removal Cost?
Mold removal costs will depend on the following factors:
- Type of mold
- Area where mold is located
- Size of the area affected by mold
- Cause of mold
- Type of mold removal procedure
There is no exact number for mold removal cost but for a small, contained area such as crawlspaces, it will cost about $1500. But for larger areas, it usually costs $4,000 and above.
Provide us a phone call today at (512) 287-7554 to ask any kind of concerns you have regarding mold development or your house’s indoor air quality, or to arrange a visit, as well as we’ll be eagerly anticipating aiding you.
Mold or mould, also sometimes referred to as mildew, is a fungal growth that develops on wet materials. Mold is a natural part of the environment and plays an important part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees; indoors, mold growth should be avoided.
Mold inspection is, for the most part, a visual inspection of a house, a check of the moisture levels of materials, amd air sampling. … A mold inspector speaks with the property owner about any areas where they have seen mold, or where there have been moisture problems or water damage in the past.
Cleanup and removal methods
The purpose of cleanup is to eliminate mold and remove contaminated materials. Killing mold with a biocide is insufficient, since chemicals and proteins causing reactions in humans remain in dead mold. The following methods are used.
- Evaluation: Before remediation, the area is assessed to ensure safety, clean up the entire moldy area, and properly approach the mold. The EPA provides the following instructions:
- HVAC cleaning: Should be done by a trained professional.
- Protective clothing: Includes a half- or full-face respirator mask. Goggles with a half-face respirator mask prevent mold spores from reaching the mucous membranes of the eyes. Disposable hazmat coveralls are available to keep out particles down to one micrometer, and protective suits keep mold spores from entering skin cuts. Gloves are made of rubber, nitrile, polyurethane, or neoprene.
- Dry brushing or agitation device: Wire brushing or sanding is used when microbial growth can be seen on solid wood surfaces such as framing or underlayment (the subfloor).
- Dry-ice blasting: Removes mold from wood and cement; however, this process may spray mold and its byproducts into surrounding air.
- Wet vacuum: Wet vacuuming is used on wet materials, and this method is one of those approved by the EPA.
- Damp wipe: Removal of mold from non-porous surfaces by wiping or scrubbing with water and a detergent and drying quickly.
- HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) vacuum: Used in remediation areas after materials have been dried and contaminated materials removed; collected debris and dust is stored to prevent debris release.
- Debris disposal: Sealed in the remediation area, debris is usually discarded with ordinary construction waste.
Austin is the capital city of the U.S. state of Texas, as well as the seat and largest city of Travis County, with portions extending into Hays and Williamson counties. Incorporated on December 27, 1839, it is the 11th-most populous city in the United States, the fourth-most-populous city in Texas, and the second-most-populous state capital city (after Phoenix, Arizona). It was also the fastest growing large city in the United States in 2015 and 2016. It is the southernmost state capital in the contiguous United States.
As of the U.S. Census Bureau’s July 1, 2019 estimate, Austin had a population of 978,908, up from 790,491 at the 2010 census. The city is the cultural and economic center of the Austin–Round Rock metropolitan statistical area, which had an estimated population of 2,227,083 as of July 1, 2019, nearly an 80% increase from the year 2000. Located in Central Texas within the greater Texas Hill Country, it is home to numerous lakes, rivers, and waterways, including Lady Bird Lake and Lake Travis on the Colorado River, Barton Springs, McKinney Falls, and Lake Walter E. Long.
Austin Mold Inspection
If you are looking for a mold inspector in the Austin area, Mold Inspection Detectives is the most trusted mold testing company in the nation.
Mold Inspection Detectives
Phone: (512) 287-7554
Read about mold inspection in the following blogs: